Are you looking for heavy-duty mats to ensure safety and productivity on your job site? Cross Laminated Timber (CLT) mats are a highly effective access matting solution that provides superior strength and durability and helps mitigate safety hazards associated with uneven terrain and heavy equipment. CLT mats are also often used as an alternative to rig mats. Learn more about CLT mats below, as well as other matting solutions offered by GFI !
What are CLT mats?
CLT mats are manufactured by bonding alternating perpendicular layers of wood using an environmentally safe structural adhesive, which results in superior strength and durability compared to traditional bolted mats. The adhesion used with CLT mats offers even weight distribution across the entire mat, unlike bolted mats that can only transfer load across the bolts. Additionally, the adhesion creates a smooth and solid matting top that reduces tripping hazards and vehicle damage.
Benefits of CLT Mats
GFI offers CLT mats that are made of Long Leaf Southern Yellow Pine Wood, which is 33% stronger than the most commonly used wood in bolted mats. These mats are two-thirds lighter in weight, saving you up to 60% on transportation costs and increasing your savings up to 40% on installation and removal costs. CLT mats are commonly used in heavy industries as they have high impact resistance and can withstand fluctuating climates. They offer a longer lifespan, lasting 3-5 times longer than bolted mats.
GFI Matting Solutions and Services
At GFI Solutions, we are proud to be Canada’s leading distributor of CLT matting products, including:
- Terralam 500 CLT Mats – 4′ or 8′ wide x 14′, 16′ or 18′ long
- Used to support heavy equipment, heavy-duty ground cover and temporary foundations.
- TerraLam 700 CLT Mats – 8’ wide x 14’ or 16’ long
- Used as an alternative to crane mats or steel-framed rig mats as they are designed to handle exceptionally heavy equipment such as rigs.
- TerraLam 900 CLT Mats – 4’ wide x 20’ long and 12” thick
- Used in industrial projects to offer ground protection for heavy equipment such as cranes and transferring heavy loads on a worksite.
- Traditional Rig Mats
- Sizes: 8’ Wide x 20ft or 40ft Wide
- Manufactured using 3 or 4 rail steel beams and wooden inserts
Our wide range of matting solutions is available for rent and purchase to ensure that you find the right product for your budget. In addition, we also provide various matting services, including:
- Inventory Management
- Delivery and Installation
- Mat Washing
- Planning and Consultation
Whether you’re looking for robust and cost-effective matting products or reliable and quick matting services, GFI Solutions is here to help!
CLT Mats and More at GFI Solutions
Contact GFI Solutions today to learn more about our heavy-duty matting solutions, including rig mats, crane mats, access mats and more!